2016-17 Shriver Hall Concert Series Junior Board
SHCS is continuing its program to give students the opportunity to serve as Junior Board Members and learn from the Series Board of Directors, Executive Director, and staff how an organization such as ours functions. By serving alongside Board members, students will be immersed in our organization and culture, will get first-hand contact with Board members and staff, and have the opportunity to be part of a highly functioning organization.
Below are the criteria we have established for Junior Board Members:
- One year non-voting position with option for second year
- Must be a student studying or engaged in Music, Business, or Arts Administration
- Must be willing to network on behalf of SHCS
Junior Board Members will be expected to attend four Board meeting in the 2016-17 season. Meetings take place at 5:00 pm in the Mason Hall Board Room on the Homewood Campus of The Johns Hopkins University. Tentative schedule as follows:
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Junior Board Members also have the option to attend Board Committee meetings.
Junior Board Members will also be provided with free tickets to all Series concerts upon request (see the full schedule at www.shriverconcerts.org) and are encouraged to attend as many performances as possible.
All students who fit our criteria and are interested in pursuing this opportunity should please send to SHCS Operations Manager Devon Maloney (email@example.com) by September 6, 2016 their resume and briefly answer (no more than two pages total) the following questions:
1) Please tell us why the opportunity to be a member of the Shriver Hall Concert Series Junior Board interests you and what you are hoping to gain from this experience.
2) SHCS has a long and successful history of presenting the world’s great chamber ensembles and classical music artists. Given the ever expanding diversity of the region it serves, what are your thoughts about future programming and outreach possibilities for the Series?
tell us about yourself
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: