SHRIVER HALL CONCERT SERIES
FALL 2016 INTERNSHIP
Celebrating its 51st season in 2016-17, Shriver Hall Concert Series is Baltimore’s premier presenter of chamber music ensembles and solo recitalists. Presenting its coveted subscription series each year, free ‘Discovery Series’ concerts around the Greater-Baltimore area, and other special events, the Series has been called “Baltimore’s finest importer of classical music talent” by The Sun and is the five-time recipient of Baltimore Magazine’s distinction “Best Classical Music” in its annual “Best of Baltimore” issue. For more information, visit shriverconcerts.org.
- Assist audience development and outreach efforts for all SHCS events. This may include outreach to local colleges and student organizations; submission of events to free listing websites; and development and cultivation of relationships with meet-up groups.
- Support development of content for Facebook and Twitter platforms
- Conduct artist, market, audience, donor, and other research
- Assist in preparation of materials for Annual Fund campaign
- Provide office support, including copying, data entry, aiding with administrative processes, filing, scanning, etc.
- Other related duties as required
Candidates considering a career in arts administration, marketing, and/or development are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with and knowledge of classical music preferred. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with data analysis a plus. Independent thinker, doer, and problem-solver with strong verbal and organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to juggle priorities, willingness to learn, and a sense of humor are highly valued attributes.
Must be able to commit to a regular schedule of 10 hours per week during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) for the Fall 2016 semester. Shriver Hall Concert Series’ offices are located on JHU Homewood Campus. Compensation will be $10/hour. Applications will be considered as they are received.
Please send cover letter and resume to Devon Maloney (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 5, 2016. Please use subject line “SHCS Fall 2016 internship”.
tell us about yourself
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: